Friday, March 23, 2012

DIY Cutout Halter Sweater

Okay, so anyone who follows me on Twitter, (which is like six people) know that I love Pretty Little Liars a whole bunch. I have no shame.
Emily Fields, who is simply gorgeous and my favorite character, wears something I want to own pretty much every episode. Unfortunately, I am super poor. If I'm going to spend money on clothes, I'm going to get it on super sale or at a resale shop.
When I saw this Alexander Wang sweater, I knew I needed to have it.
Imagine how sad I was to discover it originally retailed for $365 from Neiman Marcus.
(she wears it so well. swoon.)



I decided to attempt making my own.

I used this (the one on the right) pattern as a jumping off point, and got two yards of a heavy and soft black rib-knit.
About $26 and four hours later, this is what I ended up with!


I'd like to try it again and do something different with the neckline to make it lay a little better, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
And I saved about 320 bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment