Saturday, December 31, 2011

DIY Suitcase Chair

While I was online yesterday morning, (looking for a cool vintage satchel), I came across a photo of a suitcase THAT WAS ALSO A CHAIR. It led to a rapid and frantic search for photos of every other suitcase chair on the internet. I found a simple tutorial here.
I decided I had to try it ASAP, but I was a little underwhelmed with that how-to. I wanted to make it passable as a real, legit chair. That wouldn't, you know, fall apart when I sat on it.
I immediately went on a search for all the supplies I thought I'd need, and kind of made it up as I went along.

So grab your drills and old suitcase folks, because its time to get crafty.
I spent about $50 on this project total, which isn't too bad for such a rad piece of furniture. It took me longer to get the supplies than it actually did putting it together- finding a cheap, hard-backed suitcase is more difficult than I thought it would be.





1 comment:

  1. I'm just wondering about the back of the chair... how did you make it strong enough not to just fall over when you lean back on it?

    ReplyDelete